Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It is what you make it

I recently started an internship with Northwest Haiti Christian Mission in Zionsville, IN. What I have quickly come to realize, thanks to great insights and advice from my wonderful fiance, is that in any situation, you truly get out of it what you make it. Ya I know, we have all heard the phrase before, but you know when you have that "ah-ha!" moment and it all makes sense? Well, that seems to be today. It is making so much more sense now. I have spent the day dividing my time among things that are important. Of course, i have been spending time designing/creating things for NWHCM, but I have also realized the importance of doing things that exercise my mind and my creativity. I have done a few exercises in the book "this is not a book". Its basically an series of brainstorming and creativity experiments that get you to draw, think, create, do, and be whatever you want to be. I have done TONS of looking at designers I admire, people like Bri Emery of DesignLoveFest and Darren Booth who I just found today. He does amazing handpainted arwork and typography. I also discovered the site Daily Drop Cap, a site created and run by designer and illustrator Jessica Hische. Some great things to see and explore.

The thing I never want to loose is my creativity; My love for art, design, typography, illustration, and vintage things is who I am.  Although an office can be mondane and uninspiring, there are always ways to do what you love doing. 

Here are a few of my inspirations for the day:








Until another day,

Jennifer
Turquoise Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment