Monday, June 25, 2012

Nate & Michelle's Barn Inspired Wedding Invitations

I was so honored when Nate and Michelle asked me to design their wedding invitations a few months ago. They told me they were trying their best to include as many friends and family as they could in the planning and work of the wedding and I LOVE that idea!! Why wouldn't you asked friends you love and care for to take your wedding pictures, design your invites, and be most involved in your special day?  Brides and Grooms like Nate & Michlle make my job so much easier! They were lovely people to work with and I was so thrilled with the design we came up with.

Being that their wedding reception is at the Centennial Barn in Cincinnati, we knew wanted to incorporate the barn doors into the design. We came up with this idea so that guests would experience and open the doors first and foremost (just as they will upon arriving at the reception), followed by all of the wedding details and information. We included a 3.5x5in RSVP postcard and a double sided map with the invitation, tied it up with a gray and white striped string, and attached a circular tag with their "logo" and registry information.  We incorporated their wedding colors (purple, gray and black) in the design and gave it a fun and typographic yet slightly vintage style.  Finally, I created a custom return address stamp for back flap of the matte gray envelopes. Thanks Nate and Michelle for including me in your day! Can't wait to see you tie the knot in just a few short weeks :)










Thanks for supporting Turquoise Feathers! Feel free to comment or message me with any questions or inquiries!

Jenny
Turquoise Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment